Our Top Pick!
Does Your Marriage Feel Like
A Runaway Train Heading For A Wreck?
Amy Waterman has been helping couples stop the downward spiral with "Save My Marriage Today" since 2003. Women and men, young and not so young, have learned how to regain control and turn their relationship problems around, even when the situation seemed hopeless. Discover the strategies to regain the loving and fulfilling marriage you know you deserve.
How Do I Know If My Ex Wants Me Back
After a bad breakup, if neither you nor your "ex" are really sure of what happens now, you might be to the point of contemplating how do I know if my ex even wants me back after a breakup like this? Fortunately, there are some things you can try out to test the waters and see if there isn't hope for the relationship to survive.
- Talk to your ex and see how they respond and what kind of reaction you get. If they give you their full attention, especially if they drop what they are doing at the moment to listen to you, this is an indication that they are willing to sacrifice time and thus are actually still interested in you and what you are saying.
- Wear something new and see if they seem to notice, or better yet compliment you on it. This is a strong indicator that they are still interested in you.
- Guide your conversation towards the subject of the breakup, and see if, by the language they use or comments they make, they indicate any regret over the situation, or a lack of ability to concentrate on things since the breakup. If the breakup is affecting them negatively too, you may have a chance to fix the relationship.
- Another sign that your ex is still interested is if they call you for no real reason other than to make small talk, meaning they do miss you, even if they won't come out and say it. Likewise, if they apologize for not calling you when they said they were going to, this shows that they still care about how you think of them.
- Try to ever so subtly drop hints that you may have other romantic prospects and observe the reaction you get. If your ex gets very quiet or inquisitive, that is a sign that they are still interested in you. If you hear that they are asking friends about who you may be hanging around with, that is a strong indicator that they still want you.
- On the other hand, ask about who your ex might be interested in. If they change the subject or otherwise avoid answering the question, that may be an indication that they don't want to jeopardize their chances with you and may be open to solving the relationship problems.
- How is the eye contact when you are talking with your ex partner? Strong eye contact means a deeper interest in you.
- Try flirting a little with your ex, in a lighthearted and playful way, and see if they return the gesture. If so, your chances of getting back with your ex may be good.
- Try emailing or texting your ex in a friendly conversational way. Don't do this too often because it can backfire and push them farther away if they feel pressured, but if, say, once or twice a week you send a little note just to update them on some things in your life and you can keep the conversation open, you stand a better chance of getting your ex back.
- Any physical contact and affection demonstrated by your ex is a sure sign that the good old feelings towards you still linger, and most likely they would welcome a chance to try and recapture what you had together.
If these signs that your ex still has feelings for you are not apparent, don't try to force it. Sometimes you just have to let it go. But if you see some of these tell-tale signs that your ex misses you, it is time to learn more about how to go about reigniting the passion and interest of your partner, how to overcome the conflicts between you, and how to avoid some of the mistakes that can throw a wedge between you again. Learn all you can about how to get your boyfriend back or get a girlfriend back, and keep a keen eye out for juicy love tips and relationship advice.